A classic if there ever was one! A total favorite of mine and everyone in my family. I can honestly say that this is one recipe that I never alter. It is an Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa recipe and one that I have been using for years. I usually only make them when the blueberries are in season, but I happen to have some blueberries that I had frozen so blueberry muffins it was!
Makes 16 muffins
12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 extra large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
8 oz container sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 pints fresh blueberries (I used frozen and just tossed them with a tiny bit of flour before adding)
- Grease and flour muffin tins or use muffin liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing each one.
- Add vanilla, sour cream, and milk, mixing well.
- Add the flour mixture, mix well.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Fill muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and a cake tester when inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool a bit before turning them out onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!