Having overindulged in sweets for a few days, it is lovely to go back to my healthy way of being. My mind, body, and soul are always thankful. Cauliflower has brought back the balance for me. Roasted with a drizzle of good olive oil and a curry blend, it is a true favorite. Roasting two crowns allows for additional uses, cauliflower soup being a top choice. Not only delicious and low in calories, cauliflower is thought to have numerous health benefits. Full of vitamins and minerals, it is believed to boost heart and brain health. It is a great source of fiber, having digestive benefits. Loaded with antioxidants, cauliflower is a power player in the vegetable kingdom.
1 large crown of cauliflower, stem removed and chopped into bite size pieces. (roast two crowns if you want to make a soup or have leftovers)
A few large drizzles of a good olive oil
2 teaspoons Wildflower Foods Curry Blend (use whatever blend you have on hand)
Salt to taste
A handful of golden raisins
A handful of pine nuts (use any nut that you love or have on hand)
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil and curry blend until well coated.
- Place on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees until browned, about 35 – 40 minutes.
- Toss with raisins and pine nuts, a sprinkle of salt and serve.
- Be aware, it is easy to eat the whole crown!