I love grilled chicken, zucchini, and pea shoots, so together they are amazing and so healing. After spending a weekend overindulging, going light and healthy is a welcome change. Whether inside or out, grilling is an essential part of my cooking life. A little olive oil, salt and pepper and the chicken is done to perfection. I’ll grill a few extra pieces to be creative with during the week. This is truly a staple dinner for me. I want this recipe to be an inspiration to make something simple, quick, delicious, healing, and healthy. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 or 3, based on the serving size of 1 or 2 chicken breasts per person.
4 Chicken breasts, grilled with a little bit of olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. Reserve the juices that collect when the chicken is resting for the dressing.
A large bunch of pea shoots.
For the dressing:
Zinfandel vinegar, olive oil, honey, reserved chicken juices, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper.
Note: I just have to mention that I use Wildflower Foods vinegars and olive oil. Honestly, they are the best!
1. Thinly slice the chicken breasts after letting them rest.
2. Using a spiral slicer (I use the Spirelli) turn your zucchini into spaghetti or if you don’t have a spiral slicer you can use a julienne peeler. The only difference will be that the zucchini will be in small strips instead of spaghetti. Place into a salad bowl.
3. Add pea shoots and toss together.
4. Make your dressing. Whisk together 1 Tbl zinfandel vinegar, 3 Tbl good olive oil, reserved chicken juices, 1 tea honey (add more if desired), a nice pinch of sea salt, and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper. Pour over zucchini spaghetti and pea shoots and toss.
5. Divide your zucchini spaghetti and pea shoots between plates, top with sliced grilled chicken, and serve with a toasted piece of ciabatta bread. Out of this world!
Note: You can always make a little extra dressing to drizzle over the chicken